Rules and regulations for Polish Children and Youths Festival
16 Ash Road
Children and young people up to the age of 18, can participate in the Festival. The age of the participant is determined by the year of birth. To enter the Festival, you must have a permanent residence in any country in the world, excluding Poland. Only entries from abroad are allowed.
III. Dates of the Festival :
1. Qualifications- from 1.03.2020 to 20.04.2020
(the date of receipt of the application is decisive, not the date of the postmark)
2. Live auditions- 8.05.2020
3. Music workshops - 09.05.2020
4. Final Performance/ Polish Day- 10.05.2020
IV. Aims of the Festival:
1. Presentation of the artistic achievements of soloists, duets, vocal ensembles, vocal-instrumental ensembles.
2. Popularization of singing songs about artistic and educational values.
3. Exchange of ideas and experiences in the area of popularizing singing and playing instruments among children and youth outside the country.
4. Promoting child and youth artistic creation.
5. Using the entire country song heritage in possibly contemporary publications.
6. Promoting own creativity, creating and expanding children's and youth's repertoire adapted to contemporary trends.
7. Promoting the use of Polish language among children and young people through music.
V. From Qualification to the Finals- participation rules:
1.The festival consists: qualifications, live auditions, music workshops and the Winners' Gala. Participation in the Festival is preceded by qualifications covering all performers. The qualifications will take place via upload on the Festival's website two pieces (2). One of them must be made by Polish artist or in Polish language, while the other in any language. The organizers are also asking you to have a look and learn the Festival song "Because this is Applause", notes, words and recording of the song can be found on the Festival's website in the FESTIVAL SONG tab.
2. Performers qualified for the Festival present in the next stages, a song qualified by the Artistic Commission, which consists teachers of the Polish Music Center in Peterborough.
3. LWinners of the Festival, as well as all its Finalists, who will take part in the competition auditions on 08.05.2020, will have the opportunity to participate in vocal workshops on 09.05.2020.
4. Winners awarded with individual prizes perform at the Gala with the accompaniment of "combo" type instrumental ensembles.
VI. Detailed information on the rules of participation in the Festival:
1. The performers - the entry form with selected songs should be send to the organizers not later than 20.04.2020. The finals, music workshops and Gala will take place from 08-10.05.2020.
2. All performers at the Finals stage, perform a song with instrumental version of the accompanied. At the Gala stage, the winners perform a song accompanied by a combo band or their own accompaniment.
3. All festival participants are required to:
* complete in electronic or paper application form available on the website in the SUBMISSIONS tab
* sending the artist's recordings in mp3, video or movie links for example on YouTube, you can also upload a video on WhatsUp.
4. The deadline for all submissions is 1/03/2020 and ends on 20/04/2020. Applications and materials sent after the deadline will not be accepted. The date on which the materials reach the organizers is decisive, not the date on the postmark.
5. The festival organizer notes that the selection of two songs imposes special responsibility for a skillfully selected repertoire on instructors and guardians of young performers.
6. The song qualified by the Artistic Commission for the Finals will be treated as the final presentation proposal at the Festival.
7. The festival does not apply to choirs, but applies to bands from trio (3) to octet (8).
8. Each performer during the Finals will present a song not exceeding seven (7) minutes.
9. Soloist / duo - may be accompanied by a vocal section up to 6 people (up to 18 years old).
10. All participants are required to have valid proof of identity. If the age limit is exceeded (the year of birth applies), the soloist, duo and band will be withdrawn from the competition.
11 .Playbacks cannot be used in the competition part of the Festival.
12. Vocal / vocal-instrumental ensembles are required to send an application form along with a list of participants and their age.
13. Each participant of the Festival can be a member of only one vocal group, while each member of the band can perform as a soloist.
14. The age categories of this year's Festival in the elimination phase are open to both soloists, duets and bands. A separate BAND category (from trio to octet) will be created only if the organizers receive a minimum of 8 entries.
The exact age categories will be announced along with a list of people qualified for the final auditions by 24/04/2020
15. Everyone who performs at the Live Auditions is invited to take part in the free music workshops that will take place on 9.05.2020.
VII. Festival Awards:
1. The following prizes are foreseen for the best performers of the Festival:
* GRAND PRIX
* GOLD APLAUZ
* SILVER APLAUZ
* BRONZE APLAUZ
* SPECIAL PRIZES
* ADDITIONAL AWARDS
2. Prize winners: Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze Applause, the Festival Organizer will award the following financial and material prizes:
FOR THE BEST PARTICIPANT OF THE FESTIVAL FROM ALL CATEGORIES
* GRAND PRIX - £500 + crystal trophy
OTHER PRIZES IN EACH AGE CATEGORY
*GOLD APLAUZ - £ 300 + trophy
* SILVER APLAUZ - £ 200 + trophy
* BRONZE APLAUZ – £100 + trophy
* APLAUZ UŚMIECHU – £100 + trophy
NOTE: Financial prizes may be increased if sponsors are obtained.
3. A different division of Applause in a specific category is decided by the Festival Director at the Jury's request.
4.No applause may be moved from category to category.
5. Winner of the Grand Prix, may not participate in subsequent editions of the Festival in the same age category.
6. If the Winner cannot collect the cash prize at the Winners' Gala for reasons beyond his control, only the material prize and the trophy will be awarded, as the cash prizes are paid in the form of cash after having been signed for by the guardian.
VIII. Criteria for evaluation of live auditions:
The Artistic Committee and the Jury will be guided in their assessment by the following criteria:
* Artistic values
(performance, costume, contact with the audience)
(originality, artistic maturity, understanding and transmission of the song content, skillful use of means of expression)
* Vocal technique
* Choice of repertoire
(artistic value, scale of difficulty, interesting musical arrangement, matching the song to the age of the performer)
The selected song, except that it should meet all artistic criteria, must be adapted to the age and interpretation capabilities of the performer. The truth of the message, understanding the content, respecting the musical style and the ability to move and engage the audience - these are the qualities which the organizers of the Festival particularly care for.
IX. Organizational Rules
1. Institutions or parens/ guardiance submiting participants to the Festival are required to insure them for the duration of the journey and stay.
2. Arrival and registration of participants of the Polish Children's and Youth Festival will take place in the office on 8.05.2020 from 8:00 to 10:00.
3. During registration, the guardian of the participant (s) must submit valid identity documents at the request of the Festival organizer.
4. The band should have an appropriate number of supervisors (instructors) guaranteeing the safety of participants. The organizer recommends that one (1) instructor be a tutor of no more than six (6) participants.
5.Institutions or parents/ guardians submitting participants shall cover the costs of travel, meals and accommodation. Festival organizers do not provide food, do not incur travel costs, and do not provide accommodation during the Festival.
6. Participants qualified to the Festival grant the festival organizer permission, in the form of a statement attached to the application forms, to disseminate their image in various forms of communication: press, television, radio, electronic.
7. Participation in the Festival is tantamount to agreeing to publish materials recorded during the Festival on the Internet, radio and television.
8. Festival participants are required to use songs, artistic performances and phonograms respecting copyrights or related rights of their creators, artists, performers and producers.
9. All protests will be accepted by the organizer until the end of the competition part of the Festival (May 8, 2020). Only an instructor (guardian) of the participant (band) can submit a protest.
10. All doubts regarding the provisions of these Regulations will be settled on the basis of the text in Polish or English as only binding.
11. Matters not included in the regulations are resolved by the Festival Director together with the organizers.
12. If the participant / band violates the rules of the Festival regulations, the organizer, in agreement with the chairman of the Jury, has the right to disqualify the participant / band.
13. The application form in electronic form and for printing is available on the website: in the SUBMISSIONS tab. An incorrectly completed or incomplete application form disqualifies the applicant. The organizers undertake to inform each case by email.
14. The application form should be completed in electronic or paper form. In the case of a paper form, please send it to the following address:
16 Ash Road
PE1 4 PF
15. Two songs should be attached to the application form.
In electronic form on media-type upload via the website, in the case of paper form on CD or pen drive. The organizer reserves that the sent media are not returnable.
16. In the case of vocal / vocal-instrumental band, please provide the name and age of each participant.
17. Each performer is required to correctly provide the author of the text and music and song titles in the application form. The accuracy of the data rests with the claimant.
18. The lyrics of songs performed at the Festival may not contain words commonly used for vulgar, offensive, discriminatory or racist content.
19. Confirmation of a given age category of the Festival will take place after the Artistic Commission has qualified to the Festival at least six (6) performance forms in a given category.
20. After qualifying, participants will receive a written invitation to participate in the Polish Children's and Youth Festival APLAUZ, which will take place on 8-10.05.2020.
21. The verdicts of the Artistic Commission and the Jury are indisputable.
22. Consultations of the Jury with the participants of the Festival and their instructors / guardians are planned for 9.05.2020 from 10:00.
If you have any questions, please contact us on weekends only - Saturdays from 13:00, Sundays - all day.